Reason #1: Our Experience and Expertise
Offering mentoring software is only one part of the equation of being able to provide a mentoring solution. Beginning when we pioneered e-mentoring with the creation of Open Mentoring® as Triple Creek in the late 1990s, and continuing to our current incarnation as River, our organization has always been led by learning and organizational design thought leaders. We have a deep appreciation for the expertise that our talented software development team brings to the table, but we also know that good software alone does not ensure the success of our clients’ mentoring programs. To that end, we have always been a company that offers a multi-faceted solution to address organizations’ mentoring needs—a solution that includes both award-winning software AND strategic planning and educational services led by expert practitioners as a part of our solution matrix
Reason #2: Our Algorithm
Our intelligent proprietary algorithm takes the guesswork out of matching people in pairs or groups. You can configure the matching algorithm independently for each mentoring program you run, taking into account criteria such as:
- Alignment between the mentee’s competency/skill development needs and the expertise and experience of available mentors
- Organizational demographics (e.g., business unit/department, role, location/geography)
- Personal demographics (e.g., gender, race, ethnicity)
Reason #3: Matching Options and Capabilities
Matching capability is a critical part of what makes mentoring software a must-have. What used to take program administrators days or weeks to complete can now be done in seconds with the use of mentoring software. River understands that each mentoring program is unique, and we know that you may run multiple programs at once. That’s why River makes it easy for you to match people in pairs or groups using a variety of options:
- Self-directed matching – Allows mentees to select and invite their own mentor from a list of suggested individuals prioritized by River’s intelligent algorithm.
- Administrator matching – Allows administrators to leverage suggestions from River’s algorithm to make a match for users based on the users’ goals.
- Bulk matching – Allows administrators to upload pre-defined paired matches, as well as specify the focus, competencies, and goals for those relationships.
Reason #4: Program Controls
River mentoring software puts you in the driver’s seat. From traditional, formal programs to more modern, informal programs, River lets you modify settings program-by-program. For each mentoring program you run in River, you can control:
- Who participates (i.e., you can define separate audiences for each program)
- Which roles participants are permitted to play in each program (i.e., mentee and/or mentor)
- What types of relationships participants are permitted to engage in (i.e., pairs and/or groups)
- How participants are matched with one another (i.e., self-directed, administrator-matched, or both)
- How you will measure progress to prove success
Reason #5: Clients & Reputation
Our extensive work with Fortune 500 companies and government agencies sets us apart from other providers. We know what it takes for mentoring to succeed, whether it’s to meet the needs of a single initiative or a larger organizational strategy. Our clients give us high marks not only for our software and services, but also for our expertise, staff interactions, and the personal touch we bring to each and every client.
We welcome client reviews! Leave one for us at:
Reason #6: Security
Security is vitally important to us. Our security measures include:
- SSAE 16 Type II Certified hosting environment
- Monthly vulnerability scans and an annual application security review by an independent third party
- Your data is stored in a high-security computing environment protected by 24/7 surveillance and accessible only by authorized personnel
- All production systems are fully redundant, and data is replicated to a live failover site using real-time data replication
- River runs on Amazon AWS managed PaaS accredited with SOC 2, PCI Level 1, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Web application servers are logically separated from servers that store customer data
- All web connections to River require a secure connection via SSL/TLS
- All data transfers require encryption using SFTP
- Privacy Shield Certified
- GDPR and ISO 27001 compliant
We welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your mentoring needs and to show you how River can help you do more with mentoring. Contact us today to see for yourself why River is an award-winning mentoring software.
Why Choose River?
Prefer to read an eBook on the topic? Get all this information through one resource in our Why Choose River eBook.