Denver, December 7, 2018— River was honored this month with our 12th Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award since 2011. The Silver Excellence in Technology Award was given for our mentoring software in the category of Best Online Mentoring Tools.
“Winning a Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award is a huge honor,” said Chris Browning, president of River. “Winning twelve over the past seven years is a feat unto itself, one that all of us at River are celebrating. We are thrilled to have our hard work be recognized by such an esteemed organization as Brandon Hall Group.”
A panel of veteran, independent senior industry experts, and Brandon Hall Group senior analysts and executives evaluated the entries based upon the following criteria:
- Product: What was the product’s breakthrough innovation?
- Unique differentiators: What makes the product unique and how does it differ from any competing products?
- Value proposition: What problem does the product solve and/or what need does this product address?
- Measurable results: What are the benefits customers can expect to experience as a result of using this product?
“As human capital management continues to evolve, the creativity of the award winners is breathtaking,” said Rachel Cooke, Chief Operating Officer of Brandon Hall Group and head of the awards program.
A full list of Brandon Hall Group Excellence Award winners can be found here.
River’s award-winning entry highlighted some of our most recent enhancements to our mentoring software, which emphasize more granular control that administrators can have over the configurations they make for each program they run. These enhancements include:
- Competencies and user profile fields that can be configured at the program level and even by role. This means that administrators can say what competencies and profile fields they want mentees and mentors to see based on what program(s) they are in. For example, mentees and mentors in a high potential employee program could see a set of competencies specific to leadership skills, while mentees and mentors in an onboarding program could see a set of competencies that focus on role-based technical skills. Users would only see the set(s) of competencies that are associated with the program(s) that they are in. They would also only see the profile fields selected by the administrator for those specific program(s), making each program a unique experience.
- Surveying/Relationship monitoring tools that offer a way for administrators to automate the manner in which they solicit and aggregate impact data, as well as keep their finger on the pulse of each relationship to help ensure that people are meeting and working toward their goals. Since every program has different needs, this feature comes with a great deal of flexibility in the manner in which it can be configured so that it can meet diverse program needs.
River mentoring software continues to help organizations solve real business issues, such as:
- Creating a strong leadership pipeline and succession plan
- Developing future leaders and high-potential employees
- Building a diverse workforce
- Tapping into the knowledge and skills of leaders, experts, and talented employees
- Addressing employee engagement and retention
- Creating a culture of learning, sharing, development, opportunity, and growth
Clients use River for one-to-one mentoring, group mentoring, peer mentoring, reverse mentoring, and more. For example:
- A government agency identified mentoring as a way to help develop employee knowledge, while also keeping it institutionalized within the organization, and they chose River to achieve this goal.
- A global telecommunications company uses River to match people faster, support various types of mentoring, and be an efficient and effective way to track and report on formal mentoring activities.
- A global food services and facilities management company leverages River to support ambitious diversity and inclusion goals; enhance employee engagement, retention, and promotions; hone cross-cultural skills; and facilitate cross-segment talent sharing.
“The team at River is committed to bringing our clients top-rated mentoring software, but we don’t stop there. Through our expertise and years of experience, we are able to provide our clients with thought leadership in the form of strategic program design consulting and training services, which help to ensure we are equipping our clients with a robust mentoring solution, not simply mentoring software,” said Browning.
River is a full-service mentoring solution, offering mentoring software, training, and consulting. Based in Denver, CO, they serve clients from a wide range of industries, including Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, SMB organizations, and non-profits. Clients include Sodexo, AT&T, FDA, Astellas, Goodyear, and GAO. To learn more about River, please visit www.riversoftware.com.
About Brandon Hall Group, Inc.
With more than 10,000 clients globally and 20 years of delivering world class research and advisory services, Brandon Hall Group is the most well-known and established research organization in the performance improvement industry. We conduct research that drives performance, and provides strategic insights for executives and practitioners responsible for growth and business results.
Brandon Hall Group has an extensive repository of thought leadership, research and expertise in Learning and Development, Talent Management, Leadership Development, Talent Acquisition and Human Resources. At the core of our offerings is a Membership Program that Empowers Excellence Through Content, Collaboration and Community. Our members have access to research that helps them make the right decisions about people, processes, and systems, combined with research-powered advisory services customized to their needs.
Vice President of Marketing
Lfrancis [at] riversoftware.com