Denver, December 12, 2014—Independent research and advisory firm Brandon Hall Group honored River, a leading mentoring and social learning software, with two silver Excellence Awards this year in the areas of blended learning and social learning.
The award for Best Use of Blended Learning was received with EMC Corporation, a leading technology firm, for their Support New Hire Training program that uses River to enhance and extend training beyond the classroom for newly onboarded employees in their customer support organization. The award for Best Advance in Social Learning Technology was awarded to River for their mentoring and social learning software of the same name in recognition for continued advancements and enhancements to the product.
River added significant new enhancements in recent months. Some of the highlights include that River:
- Integrates with any third-party content provider, SharePoint, and Yammer.
- Formed partnerships and integrations with Skillsoft, getAbstract, OpenSesame, and Metrics That Matter.
- Is SCORM, AICC and Tin Can (xAPI) compliant.
- Contains a built-in content handler for companies that want to use their own homegrown content and courses.
- Includes a Learning Record Store (LRS) to capture all of the learning activities across multiple integrated programs inside River.
- Added pin posts that let learning group facilitators and managers call attention to important items, such as documents, videos, training guidelines, and more.
“Our focus has always been on helping people learn from one another. The new enhancements to River allow people to come together to share, discuss, learn and apply new skills and understanding with an added sense of direction and purpose that is too often missing from social systems,” said Randy Emelo, president and CEO of River. “Our drive is to help people get that relational support they need as they apply learning on the job. It goes well beyond likes or general comments that are typically found in social software, and really gets to the heart of providing individualized support in the context of daily work.”
This is the fourth consecutive year River (formerly Triple Creek) has won Brandon Hall Excellence awards. Organizations using this award-winning product include Sodexo, Monsanto, AT&T, McDonald’s, Ball Corporation, and Xerox.
Schedule a demo to see River in action.
Director of Marketing
lfrancis [at] riversoftware.com